Do you find Live in Harmony with First-Time Obedience useful? Would you like to share it with others and earn a portion of the proceeds? Sign up as an affiliate and every time you refer someone who buys a copy, I’ll give you 30% of the purchase price. Set it once and earn money in your sleep!
Right now, the purchase price is $6.99, so your commission would be just over $2. That’s for every copy you sell. It adds up quickly! Use the money for Christmas shopping or treat yourself to a day at the spa. Think of it as free money! In January, the purchase price goes back up to $9.99, so from then on, your commission would be $3.
You do not have to have a blog make money for referrals! Anyone can do this. You can share the link in email, on Twitter, Facebook or any message board. (A word of caution: some websites have restrictions on posting affiliate links.)
How to get your affiliate code
Here are basic instructions for grabbing your affiliate code:
- Click on the “Join the affiliate program now” link above.
- Register to create an account.
- You will need to activate your account, so go check your email program for the activation email.
- Copy the activation code.
- Go back to the e-junkie.com window and paste the activation code. Click submit.
- Then enter your name and the email address associated with your PayPal account (so I can send the payments).
- Click submit.
- On the “Manage Your Affiliate Account” screen, click “Get affiliate code.”
- Select “Childwise Chat” from the dropdown menu (if not already selected).
- Then click “Get Affiliate Code” button just below.
- On the next screen, you will see a light orange box with what looks like a bunch of nonsense in it. (That’s HTML.)
- You can highlight that whole box of characters and paste it anywhere HTML is accepted.
- Or, you can grab just the URL (web address) itself and use it like you would any other link for sharing (email, message boards, etc.). You can extract this URL from the HTML in #8 above. It is comprised of the characters between the first set of quotation marks (but not including the quotation marks). The URL will look something like this (with the XXXXXX being your affiliate ID): https://www.e-junkie.com/ecom/gb.php?ii=1028509&c=ib&aff=XXXXXX
Is that all a little too confusing? Watch this video tutorial to see how it works.
Spice it up with this graphic!
Post this graphic on your blog and have people click on it to buy the eBook. Simply right click on the graphic and “Save As” to your computer. Insert the image into your site where you’d like it.
You can attach your affiliate link to the image so people can click the image and be taken to the sales page. Extract your affiliate URL as described in Step #9 above and link it to the image.
For example, to put the graphic in your sidebar, you would simply:
- Upload the image to your server (self-hosted WordPress blogs) or another image host (such as Flickr or PhotoBucket for Blogger blogs). Take note of the URL of the image/file location.
- Grab a text widget (WordPress) or gadget (Blogger) for your sidebar.
- Insert the image and affliate code like so: <a href=”http://AffiliateLink”><img src=”http://URLofImage” /></a>
Feel free to email me with any questions.
Source: Many thanks to Amy Lynn Andrews, author of TellYourTime, for the great explanation!